Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Tale That Makes My Heart Swell

I just had to share this story from this week. My SIL Kylie (check out her blog on being an Army wife surviving with a hubby in Basic) has a Bff K (I am using anonymity, because I didn't ask before blasting this on the good ole www).  K has two girls B, 11 and PG, 5.  Let me just tell you, PG and Maddie are a pair together.  Princesses everywhere beware. And even though B and Lindsleigh are 10 years apart the bond they have in common is they are the sisters to the Princesses.  But back to the real story.

B had to do a speech at school for the Tropicana Speech Contest.  Which if you know us, we truly support kids and speeches.  She told me when we dropped Lindsleigh off at Kylie's to spend the night last Friday that she was doing the speech and that she was writing it on Lindsleigh.  AWWWW.  But in trying to get out of the house before L realized what we were leaving her I forgot to ask when she had to do it and stuff.

Well, Wednesday afternoon my cell phone rang and it was B.  She was excited, she had given her speech that day and had WON her class.  She told me that now she had to give her speech again on Friday (4/16) for the entire school. Note: She doesn't go to a small school.  Kylie told me later that afternoon when we were walking that the title of the speech was "My Little Friend."  AWWWW.  Isn't that the sweetest thing.  I mean all of the things an 11 year old could write about, and she chose a 16 month old.  Of course I have to admit I think she is a pretty great 16 month old but she calls me Momma.

Anyway, B gave her speech for the whole school and did a great job, I can not wait to see the video K took and finally read the speech.  I will probably need a box of tissue.

I have to add the cute part was watching W, after I told him Wednesday, I would see him shake his head from time to time and just say "that is so great."

~s